These are notes covering the manual configuration of the Iridium Driver, a Modem and a Dial up Connection on Windows 10.
Installing Windows 10 Iridium Driver
1. Switch off the Satellite phone.
2. Double click on the driver file. (Iridium Handset USB Driver Installer 6.3.9600.9520.exe)
3. Open Device Manager and make a note of the COM port used by the "Iridium 9555A Handset USB Serial Port." You may have to select menu option - View > Show Hidden Devices to see the driver. In this example it is COM4.
Manually Install the Modem Driver
1. If the TeleportIt utility fails to create the Modem (or you don't have it), then you can create a modem driver manually.
2. In Control Panel, select "Phone and Modem", then click on the Modems Tab.
3. Click on the "Add" button and select "Don't detect my modem; I will select it from a list". Click "Next >".
4. Select (Standard Modem Types) and in the right hand list select "Standard 19200 bps modem". Click "Next >"
5. Click the "Selected Ports" option and select the COM port for the Sat Phone device. In this example COM4. Click "Next >" and then "Finish".
6. Now open the "Device Manager", find Modems and expand the tree. Find the new Modem that you have created "Standard 19200 bps modem" and open it's Properties dialog.
7. On the "Modem" tab, check that it is set to the correct COM port and the baud rate is 19200.
Manually Install a Dial Up Connection
1. If the TeleportIt utility fails to create the Dial-up Connection (or you don't have it), then you can create one manually.
2. In Control Panel, select "Phone and Modem", then click on the "Network and Sharing Center" Tab.
3. Click to "Set up a new connection or Network".
4. Click on "Connect to the Internet" and click "Next >"
5. On "How Do You Want to Connect?", select "Dial-up". If it's not in the list then click on the check box "Show connection options that this computer is not set up to use".
6. You may be prompted for the modem, so select "Standard 19200 bps Modem".
7. In the next dialogue box, enter the following Dial-up Phone number: 008816000025. There is no user name and password. For the Connection Name enter "Iridium Dialup". Click "Connect".
8. Windows will try to connect to the sat phone - click "Skip" to continue.
9. Click "Close" and return to the Network Centre.
10. Click on "Change Adapter Settings" and right click on the "Iridium Dailup" adapter to display its properties.
11. On the first tab make sure that "Use dialing rules" is NOT checked.
12. Click "Configure" and make sure that all three Hardware Features are ticked ON.
13. On the "Networking" tab, Uncheck all items except "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
14. Click "OK" to close and you should now have a properly configured Dial-up Connection.
Test the Dial-up Connection
1. Make sure that your satellite phone is connected by a usb cable and it is powered on, with a 4 or 5 bar signal.
2. On your task bar at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, click on the "network symbol"
3. This will open a popup window showing the "Iridium Dialup" connection at the top. Double click on the connection and a window will open up allowing you to manage the "Dial-up" connections.
3. Click on "Iridium Dial-up" and then click the "Connect Button". On the Dial-up window, click Dial and the you should be connected to the internet.
4. Click the "Disconnect" button to disconnect from the Internet